Instructions for authors
Contributions concentrating on the subjects of microeconomics,
management, marketing, personnel, and financial management as well as on problems
of national economy, the economy of regions or other economic subjects connected
with competitiveness are accepted for the publication in the Journal
Only contributions meeting the following requirements
can be published in the journal:
1A) Original scientific article based on own research, which contains all parts
of a scientific article
(introduction, theoretical solutions, objectives and methodology, results, discussion,
1B) Overview essay (own scientific review), which is not based on original research,
but has scientific value, the structure of a given article is not strictly specified
2) The article is original and has not yet been published;
3) The author has the copyright including the permission to use it freely.
The author confirms these facts by signing a statement
»). The statement must be signed by all authors (all signatures on the one list). This statement should be sent by mail or by e-mail (original or scanned)
along with the contribution to the editors. The author is responsible for originality
and professional as well as formal accuracy of the contribution.
Contributions in the Journal of Competitiveness
are published in the English language only. Contributions are accepted in the
electronic form and format MS Word - doc (alternatively in docx, rtf) sent to
the address email@example.com. The acceptance of the article
for publishing will be confirmed by e-mail. Any submission fees and article processing charges are not required.
Journal of Competitiveness is published 4x per year:
Issue 1 - March 31
Issue 2 - June 30
Issue 3 - September 30
Issue 4 - December 31
The publication fee is EUR 150. The Editor-in-Chief can reduce the publication fee.
The structure of a contribution
The structure of a contribution for acceptance
is binding, namely in the following form:
- Title of the contribution
- Name of the author and co-author(s) (without academic degree titles)
- JEL Classification
- Actual text of the contribution (shall correspond to the structure of a scientific
article: introduction, theoretical solutions, objectives and methodology, results,
- List of references
- Particulars about author(s) (name including academic degree titles, workplace,
A template of a contribution can be downloaded
here » . (v.10/2017)
Instructions for writing a contribution
Maximum size of the manuscript is 15 pages
The contribution should be submitted in such a form that it can be published
in black and white colors. It is therefore necessary to use only black fonts
and all pictures and tables should be clear and legible in single color.
The actual text of the contribution should be divided into chapters where possible.
Headings can be maximum in two levels and numbered (e.g. 1 TITLE OF CHAPTER,
1.1 Title of sub-chapter.
Tables and figures should be numbered and references to them must be in the
text. Acceptable labeling for a table is Tab.1 and Fig. 1 for a figure. The
title of the table or figure and the source should follow. The text should be
composed in such a manner that there are not a greater number figures or tables
on a single page. Tables and figures in landscape format are not acceptable.
Figures and tables should be supplied in a sufficient quality for print. They
can be supplied as separate documents (jpg, xls, doc). The quality of the above
is the responsibility of an author.
Equations and formulas are denoted by numbers in round parentheses and it is
recommended to be produced by Editor of equations or inserted by the jpg format.
The list of references should be complete and accurate. For each work shown
in the list of references must be a reference in the text.
Citations in the text and the
list of references should follow the referencing style used by the American
Psychological Association. Details concerning this referencing style can
be found at http://www.library.cornell.edu/resrch/citmanage/apa. Authors
can also use citation machine at http://citationmachine.net/
References should be arranged first alphabetically and then further sorted chronologically
if necessary. More than one reference from the same author(s) in the same year
must be identified by the letters "a", "b", "c",
etc., placed after the year of publication.
Notes under the line are not acceptable.
Authors are required to complete the reference in a list of literature used with DOI (Digital Object Identifier) if it has been assigned to the publication. To search for the DOI, please visit: http://www.crossref.org/guestquery/
Important notice: In case of failure
of the above instructions for authors, journal editors will reject the contribution
due to formal reasons and it will not be evaluated further.
Procedure for the peer review
In the first phase, the contribution is evaluated by the journal editor. The
evaluation is primarily aimed at meeting the following criteria:
- Does the theme and the character of the contribution correspond to the criteria
defined by the journal?
- Does the formal treatment of the contribution meet the requirements of the
prescribed formatting and the sequence of its individual parts?
- Are the language use and the style of the contribution adequate?
- Is the list of used literature and sources of information sufficient and up-to-date?
- Are citations and list of the used literature arranged properly and according
to existing standards?
Based on editor’s positive review, the contribution
proceeds to the peer review process. Editors have the right to reject contributions
that are not in accordance with the journal’s editorial purpose and do not meet
the above criteria.
The Editorial Board decides about the acceptance of a contribution.
The publication of a contribution must be recommended by at least two independent reviewers (external peer review).
The evaluation mainly addresses the following criteria:
• Is the subject of the contribution in accordance with the overall topic of
• Is the theme of the contribution relevant and of interest for specialised
• Does the formulation of the title and the abstract correspond to the actual
content of the contribution?
• Are the goals of the contribution appropriately set out and clearly formulated?
• Is the theoretical argument of the contribution appropriate and suitably articulated?
• Are appropriate research methods employed for dealing with the issue?
• Are the main results and conclusions of the contribution clearly formulated?
• Does the contribution have a clear structure which corresponds to the established
• Does the contribution contain appropriate critical views and opinions on the
part of the author on the analyse issue?
• Are the conclusions and results of the contribution valuable and of use?
• Are the bibliography and sources sufficient and up-to-date?
The author is notified about the result of the
peer review by e-mail. After the publication of the journal each author receives
a copy of the printed version of the issue.
The Editorial Office and the Editorial Board retain
the right to reject the contribution.
The author claims that copyrights, which gives to publisher belong to him/her without limitations. He/she has not any obligations that would obstruct the providing of licence to publisher. The author provides the right to use the work to publisher.