About The Journal of Competitiveness
The scientific periodical Journal of Competitiveness published by the Faculty of Management and Economics of Tomas Bata University in Zlín offers results of basic and applied economic research of domestic and international authors in the English language
Journal of Competitiveness focuses on publishing original scientific articles from the field of business administration, business economics, management, finances, marketing and public administration.
The aim of this scientific periodical is to publish inspiring and good-quality results of theoretical as well as empirical study putting emphasis on research of significant factors regarding competitiveness of business entities of great importance such as businesses, regional groups, national economies, or integration units.
The ambition of the periodical is to support R&D activities of researchers from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, and other countries as well. The journal enables researchers to publish their articles of scientific importance focusing on the following:
- macroeconomic and microeconomic theories in the context of competitiveness development
- business management
- international business and business risks
- small and medium-sized businesses
- strategic and financial company management and performance
- financial markets and banking in the context of company financial and credit risk management
- financial and managerial accounting and controlling
- business intelligence, business management and management of information systems
- marketing of management
- human resources management and personnel management
- national economic and regional policies focusing on their competitiveness development
- cohesive EU policies, regional disparities, regional policy financing
- other topics of economics connected with competitiveness and competition
The first issue of the journal was published in December 2009. The journal is published four times a year in printed and in electronic form. The contributions for the journal are reviewed.
The Journal of Competitiveness belongs among the so-called Open Access Journals. These are defined as journals that use a funding model that does not charge readers or their institutions for access. The open access supports the rights of users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles.
Journal of Competitiveness has entered into an electronic licensing relationship with EBSCO Publishing, the world's most prolific aggregator of full text journals, magazines and other sources. The full text of Journal of Competitiveness can be found on EBSCO Publishing's database (Academic Search Complete) and ERIH PLUS.
ISSN 1804-171X (Print)
ISSN 1804-1728 (On-line)